POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.animations : Re: more metallic paint (mpeg1 796k) : Re: more metallic paint (mpeg1 796k) Server Time
19 Jul 2024 13:25:41 EDT (-0400)
  Re: more metallic paint (mpeg1 796k)
From: Hugo Asm
Date: 25 May 2003 13:38:17
Message: <3ed0ff89@news.povray.org>
> contrast range should be handled pretty
> realistically by the HDR

It's still a question of mine. According to the docs, POV uses a limited
reflection formula that clips values above 1.. I don't know if this was
changed in MLPOV but I suppose not. If the problem was trivial, it would
probably already have been solved in the offical POV.

Radiosity supports the HDR range, yes, but reflection?
Maybe you can test it...

Regards,
Hugo